Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19th Ham and Spinach quiche.


Tonight was a very easy dinner.... I pulled 2 home made quiches out of my freezer and put them in the oven for 1hr. I made 6 quiches last month and put them in my freezer. I know that it is busy in the summer and HOT! The last thing I wanna do is cook. I prepare a lot of meals in my freezer for days like this.

I bought 6 pre-made deep dish pie shells at Winco for 1.50 each. 2 bags of pre-washed spinach for 2.00 each. 2 packages of kirkland ham @ Coscto for 6.00. 1 bag of pre-shredded cheese at Costco for 6.00 5 dozen eggs for 5.00 1 bunch of green onions .33
total for 6 quiches=28.33 that 4.72 per pie.

We eat 2 quiches for dinner. There is about 1/2 of one quiche left and we will have it for breakfast in the morning!

total for dinner tonight was 9.44 divided by 5 is 1.88 per person.

This is super simple layer the chopped ham, spinach, green onion and cheese in to the pie dish and then fill with scrambles eggs. Bake @ 350 for about and hour. Take out of oven and either eat or freeze. If you freeze it then you can taket out and basically just defrost and heat back up in the oven .... SO SIMPLE!!!

No comments: