Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12th Quick spanish rice with asada, peaches and warm tortillas

So tonight I had about 3 cups of leftover taco meat from last night ... What to make???

I sauteed 2 cups of long grain rice in 3 tbl spoons of EVOO until it was lightly brown then I added the leftover tomatoes,leftover chopped cilantro, 2 tbl spoons of cumin,salt,pepper and some chopped garlic to the rice. I let it all cook for about about a minute then I added the leftover carne asada and 4 cups of water. I let it boil for 6 or 7 minutes then I put a lid on the pan, turned down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes!

OH WOW..... It was super yummy!!

I opened a can of peaches and warmed up some tortillas and dinner was on the table!!! We really enjoyed this dish and it is a great way to use any leftover meat and veggies from our taco night!


Dinner total was 1.00 for the rice. I always calculate 1.00 for the rice. LOL I always get it on sale at Ranch market or Manny's and it Rice is so cheap 1.00 is probably too high for 2 cups!!

ok so 1.00 for the rice 1.25 can of peaches...The rest were ALL leftovers and staple spices!!! That is a 45 cent dinner per person YO!!!! and I have leftovers of this for ray's lunch!!

No comments: