Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11th Carne Asada Tacos and rice and beans

We had family in from OC and I wanted to make dinner for 7 adults and 5 children. 12 of us total. Ray, myself, Jack, Sa, Glory, Moe, Pappy and Joshua, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jacob, and Miss Olivia!

I ran to Ranch market and bought 4 pounds of chopped carne asada 2.49 a pound. 1 bunch of cilantro 20 cents, 5 tomatoes=1.48, 3 avocados =3.00 and 1 quart of premade rice=3.00 and one quart of premade beans=3.00, 1 pack of 50 tortillas fresh made that day 1.99. that was 21.67 I had cheese and sour cream at home.

It literally took me 20 minutes to make dinner for 12 people and it was under 2.00 a person for dinner! I seasoned the asada with taco seasoning and cooked it in a big skillet with EVOO and then I chopped all the veggies, the rice and beans were already done and the tortillas were still hot when I brought the home. It was a delicious dinner and we ALL sat at the dinner table and enjoyed the LOUD dining room and good company. 5 kids under 5 all eating at the same time was FUN!!

No comments: