Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13th Chicken casserole with garlic bread.

When Chicken goes on sell at Ranch market for 39 cents a pound. I usually STOCK up! but don't go buy a bunch of chicken then put it all in your freezer raw??? Come home and COOK IT ALL! that's right all 40 pounds of it. I do! Boil it with some garlic and onion and salt and pepper! It might sound like a lot of work but you will be SUPER happy when it is 102 degrees out side and you need a quick dinner... I usually put it in ziploc freezer bags. 4 cups to a bag. so tonight I opened up my freezer and grabbed a bag of my cooked chicken!

4 cups of cooked chicken.39 cents a pound, 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies 1.39, 2 jars of chicken gravy 99 cent each on sale, and 2 boxes of stove top stuffing also 99 cent each at Manny's. I prepared the stuffing according to box directions. chicken in baking dish 9x13, then veggies, then gravy, then the stuffing on top! I put it in the oven 350 for about 1/2 hour just to heat it all up and get it yummy!!

Total for casserole 6.91 and the garlic bread was 1.66(3 for 5 at Costco). Dinner total 8.57. That is 1.71 a person!! and we have more than half of the casserole left so we will be eating this for dinner tomorrow night as well!!! Thats even cheaper!! LOL

It was really good.... I had to boil water to make stuffing and then throw it all in the pan and bake it . Super simple! We went to the farmers market this evening and when we came home I made dinner and we ate as a family. Casserole, garlic bread(premade from costco), and fresh strawberries from farmers market! YUM_OH

No comments: