Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17th


I am packing the trailer for our camping trip. I have decided that I do not want to have to pack things from my kitchen to take camping. So Over the past couple of months I have been going to yard sales,goodwill and the dollar store to stock my trailer.. I have been very successful in finding everything. So I took my old raggity towels out of the my house and put them in the trailer. I had an old bathroom set of rugs and matching towels. I put those in the trailer. It also gave me an excuse to buy new towels and rugs for our house YAY!! My mom gave us some queen sheets and a comforter set for the bed. I bought a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. For the kitchen, I made a list of everything in my own kitchen that I use. Then as I bought the item I would cross it off my list. Soon I had my entire kitchen. Here is my list:
wash rags
hangers for clothes
trash can
measuring cups and spoons
8-forks,spoons and butter knifes
slotted spoon
2-serving spoons
spatula
2-wooden spoons
metal or plastic coffee cups
set of plastic drinking cups
can opener
platter
big tupperware bowl
8-plastic plates
8-plastic bowls
big mixing bowl
serving bowl
baskets for bread and napkins and such
colander
set of knifes
tongs for bbq and serving
bbq spatula
rubber spatula(baby cheater)
funnel
ranch shaker
cheese grater
oven mitts
cake pan
cookie sheet(small for oven)
large fry pan
small fry pan
large stock pot
small stock pot
scissors
bottle opener
filet knife
aim and flame
dish rags
dish soap
sponges
zip-locks
tin foil
baggies
trash bags
table cloths
duct tape
clock
shower curtain
pen and paper
activities for kids coloring books,bubbles,etc
pillows
extra blankets
rice cooker
blender-----still need
4 qt crock pot------still need
Also my mom saves all her sour cream,cool whip and butter containers. Washes them and I out those in the trailer and we use them for cereal and storage during our trip and then we don't have so many dishes we just use them and throw them away. Thank you Mary Crandall!!

So now the trailer is ALL ready and set to go. I am just thankful that I can pack our clothes and food and jump in the truck and go camping no packing needed. It makes for a much nicer vacation when it is less work and more fun. We have all of our camping stuff in the trailer too. There is a large storage at the bottom of the trailer and we have stored our lanterns,camping chairs,tables,large grass rug,tools,sleeping bags,extra tent,easy up,cots,really everything we need. It is great to have all of that stuff out of our garage and it is really nice to know that it is ready to GO..Whenever we want to take it!! We got a really good deal on our trailer last year. We paid cash $1800.00. We have put a little money into it to get it ready. Propane tanks,a new battery,sewer hoses, a couple of fuses,new light bulbs, a minor repair to the roof and we have ourselves a working trailer. Our moto is pay cash for stuff we can afford. It is nice be able to pay cash for something and OWN it forever,rather than buy something that we can't afford and then never have any money to take it anywhere or have to spend our life a slave to our toys and our jobs. So the tip for today is own crappy stuff that works and spend more time with your family and people you love that is truly what life is about. It does not matter the size of you bank account but what matters the most is that you made a difference in the life of a child. Our children love to camp and it feels so good to pull out of that driveway and to go get lost in the campground for couple of days.

No comments: